• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    227 days ago

I believe in demons!

Apparently. Well, more precisely, one demon, and one goddess, one giant, one fairy, etc. :-P

• BigFig
      link
      fedilink
      English
      227 days ago

Did you just ETCETERA Gowther, Ban, Escanor, and Merlin???

• @OpenStars
        link
        English
        127 days ago

Abso-friggingly-lutely. It’s been out for awhile, but even so, spoilers would be a MAJOR bummer for it, and I worried that I might have given too much away already…

• BigFig
          link
          fedilink
          English
          227 days ago

I mean 3 of those are just human but I get who you’re talking about lol

• @OpenStars
            link
            English
            127 days ago

Also, ALL of them have hidden depths. Is Ban really just a “human” for instance - with all that he can do!? (okay, so technically yes:-P but I mean, there is more to the story than just that, obvi!:-D) I love how the show did its slow reveals, not even including some of the Sins early on, in order to allow the show to build up more first.

Seven Deadly Sins is >1000x better than the earlier Fate Stay Nights. It has an… “odd” style, like extremely hyper-sexualized, but even that plays a role in conveying the dream/fantasy-like nature of that world, making it literally cartoonish. Somewhere over time, they really learned how to tell a story well.

• BigFig
              link
              fedilink
              English
              127 days ago

And they toned down the sexual jokes and fan service eventually which I liked. That stuff gets old real quick imo

• @OpenStars
                link
                English
                127 days ago

Yeah it did, though it was like SO out of proportion that I didn’t even react to it at all after awhile (but still, better that it went away:-P). At least its not like modern games try to do, where that stuff is all there is - 7DS has great depths that make putting up with that worthwhile, overall:-).