• downpunxx
    link
    fedilink
    -381 year ago

doesn’t have to be illegal, to be unwanted, if you want to see all that nsfw stuff, browse that instance and subscribe to it’s communities, the great many of us, don’t want that fucking disgusting bullshit on our feeds without requesting it, is the issue, you see

• @Odusei@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      421 year ago

But you can block whatever communities you want. I’ve blocked a lot of different communities that have content I don’t like, and now they’re not in my feed.

• @rist097@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      341 year ago

Well maybe its unwanted by you, but it might be wanted by someone else.

I have no problem with anything having its space as long as its legal.

I never saw a NSFW post on lemmy actually, I have NSFW content hidden by default and it works great. Even though I am not interested in that content, I can respect that some people are.

This is also why I think banning communities because someone felt slightly offended is not the way to go. Lemmy already has a good way of moderating content per user, and you can ban communities and never see their content. I dont think instance admins should be removing anything other than illegal content.

• @deafboy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      221 year ago

Why would you browse an unfiltered feed if it’s not what you want?

I always looked at it like walking down the street. Some people might disgust me, but it’s a shared space. Unless they persnoally harass me, I have no right to attack them.

• norbert
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Can you not opt out of seeing NSFW magazines? I see your acct is on kbin, pretty sure that’s an option.

• Fitik
      link
      fedilink
      151 year ago

I’m on kbin and haven’t seen nsfw content on my feed once, you can just turn off the NSFW content in settings

• Zorque
        link
        fedilink
        21 year ago

I have NSFW turned on and the last NSFW post I saw was literally just a picture of a cat.

• NikkiNikkiNikki
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          11 months ago

I believe there’s some sort of ‘soft’ filter in place since there were tons of complaints about seeing NSFW posts on the front page. Should be worked out soonish

edit : NSFW shows up properly now

• @DrGunjah@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      61 year ago

you can block communities in your settings but I kinda agree you should also be able to block whole instances as a user