An enlightening and high quality video on how money and the banking system work, why they are corrupted and what is the solution.

• @delirious_owl
    link
    03 days ago

Bitcoin is already legal tender in at least one country in America

• FuckyWucky [none/use name]
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      3 days ago

Sole legal tender.

Edit: I dare them to pay all Government employees in Bitcoin, demand taxes be paid in Bitcoin. It would be a funny experiment if it weren’t for mass unemployment and deaths that arise out of a recession.

It would be funny trade wise too. No other country is going to accept Bitcoin as payment for real goods and services. So, the country will have to convert Bitcoin to USD at market price (which can swing wildly) and also hope the market has enough liquidity to handle it.

• @delirious_owl
        link
        22 days ago

I don’t want to live in a world with only one legal tender. I should be able to pay in bitcoin or monero.

• FuckyWucky [none/use name]
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          2 days ago

OK, two cryptocurrencies as legal tender. My point still stands. If you give people a choice between crypto and fiat they will use fiat, even if it’s a foreign currency like the Dollar in El Salvador.

The solution for El Salvador or any other country using a foreign currency isn’t to go with another foreign “currency” like Bitcoin but building their own currency.

El Salvador had their own currency until they gave it up because their leader back then was a US Puppet.

• chebra
            link
            fedilink
            12 days ago

@FuckyWucky @delirious_owl

I wish I could use Bitcoin in all my transactions, it’s much easier, much safer, much more under my control. If I send fiat money from my account to another of my account, I’m always scared that someone will mark it as “suspicious” and my money will never arrive until I strip naked for them.