Hello Everyone!

What are you all reading?

I am currently going through a re-read of Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. Currently on 2nd book, Fool Moon.

• Andjhostet
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Honestly I noticed the contradiction first, then looked up his life as I got progressively more and more annoyed with him. The first time I noticed it was when he talked about the benefits of solitude, and denigrating people who felt loneliness. Then, not much later, he mentioned his “solitary location” is a measly 2 MILES from a town, and a railroad goes right by him. He literally hears the train whistle every day, and seems trains and train riders all the time, while acting like he’s in solitude Alaska or something. He also mentions that people visit him almost every day. Of course you don’t get lonely you idiot.

Basically I noticed some contradictions in his writing, and his tone was just so insufferable so I started looking up things to learn more about him. The more I learned, the more I realized I just hate this guy.

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      111 months ago

Heh. Well, at least he made you learn you something new, even though it was just hate for the guy himself. 😃

Thanks for the details.