No bones about it

• Kairos
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Same way if you call something a “wing” it has to be a wing? (I think this should be a thing but since that’s not true the boneless part isn’t)

Edit: I said that badly, let me rephrase (and this isn’t my opinion I’m just trying to decode the logic): Because “Boneless Wing” already isnt technically true to what the product is (it’s not a wing), then the other part doesn’t have to be technically true (it’s not always bonless).

Now if someone sold, a boneless steak with a bone, then under this logic it would not be allowed.

• @YourPrivatHater@ani.social
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        2 months ago

I mean i would be fine with some spicy nuggets instead (just put the same flavor on and you have boneless chicken something, just need to find a nice name for it and done, ready for the menu).

• @ericjmorey
      link
      English
      22 months ago

Ohio is a problem and I’m done pretending it’s not.

• @w2tpmf@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    102 months ago

Well boneless wings has always been a bold faced lie anyway since they don’t make them with wing meat.

I remember arguing on the phone with a person taking my order years ago the first time they offered me “white meat boneless wings” and I tried to point out that wings are dark meat not white meat so what they were selling wasn’t really wings. They got pissed.

• @Lojcs@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      52 months ago

I’ve never seen dark wing meat. Drumsticks sometimes have darkish parts but it’s no comparison to the color of actual dark meat

• @Lojcs@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    92 months ago

Maybe an actual wing got mixed up with the ‘boneless’ ones? I can’t fathom how a (5 CM!!) piece of bone could get in the meat and be unnoticed by both the cook and the diner (who presumably chewed it before failing to swallow?)

• @ericjmorey
      link
      English
      42 months ago

Do not look into “chicken processing”. You will be disappointed more than you can imagine.

• @ericjmorey
      link
      English
      32 months ago

Bonless wings can be anything. The term has no legal meaning.

Did you know that they sell pork wings in Florida and other Southern US states?

• Malgas
        link
        fedilink
        English
        22 months ago

Why did you think you’ve never seen a pig fly? It’s because they harvest all the wings.

Same deal with buffalo.

• @ericjmorey
          link
          English
          12 months ago

That doesn’t sound right, but I don’t know enough about zoology to dispute it.

• @workerONE@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Edit: A diner was injured when a chicken bone became lodged in his esophagus. He sued for damages.

My original post: I can’t understand how this is a legal dispute. If their boneless wings have bones then don’t order them again.

Second edit: I bet they’re not even wings! /s