What’d y’all think of the debate?

• @DisgracefuloneOP
    link
    186 days ago

Funny how my post is getting downvoted for just asking what people thought 🤣 big mad energy.

• @DisgracefuloneOP
        link
        106 days ago

Honestly surprised at how toned down his supporters are lately. Even in my own extended family etc.

Normally they would have been all over the place with his defeat, making excuses etc.

Now it’s sort of silent. Unless it’s just me not being on social media anymore, that could be it.

• @squid_slime@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          76 days ago

Its what happens after a defeat, we see it in failed workers movements where humiliation shuts them down for a long time. Another strong man will take trumps place and we’ll see the same cycle again though…

• @DisgracefuloneOP
            link
            edit-2
            6 days ago

Well hopefully not the same level of insanity and unmasked, unapologetic public bigotry and racism… but… yeah.

• Todd Bonzalez
        link
        fedilink
        53 days ago

You’re in a virtually dead Conservative subcommunity built on decentralized social software coded by Tankies. I can’t for the life of me understand why a Conservative would want to be here.

• @Kaboom@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    -206 days ago

Kinda weird how sometimes he was debating the moderators instead of Harris. Of course, only fact checking Trump was expected.

But all in all, both are shit choices.

• @barsquid@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      125 days ago

It seems like a compromise could have been that he not lie claiming immigrants are eating dogs and doctors are killing babies after birth.

• @jimbolauski@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            -74 days ago

Providing proof that an incident happened, multiple times, is drinking kool-aid? Sounds more like someone had their head in the sand and would rather ignore these disturbing acts.

• @barsquid@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              124 days ago

Reading a Heritage Foundation propaganda outlet and uncritically believing everything in it is drinking Kool-Aid, yes. “Disturbing acts” like proving an unviable fetus with the same terminal care a human would receive, oh no.

It is unconscionable that regressives want to use unwilling women for medical equipment or prevent willing women with unviable fetuses from receiving lifesaving medical care. Those are the disturbing acts.

• @jimbolauski@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                -44 days ago

Reading a Heritage Foundation propaganda outlet and uncritically believing everything in it is drinking Kool-Aid, yes.

Are you disputing the Minnesota Department of Health report?

“Disturbing acts” like proving an unviable fetus with the same terminal care a human would receive, oh no.

Strange you seemed to miss the reports that showed some babies were left to die with no care.

• @barsquid@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  74 days ago

I’m disputing Daily Signal, no point in reading it. If you have MDH reports you could link that directly.

“Babies,” “left to die,” with “no care.” Kool-Aid.

Meanwhile you want policies to force unwilling people into slavery carrying a fetus. That’s pretty rape-y, but your leader is a rapist, so no surprise there.

What is surprising is you are whining about being left to die with no care but fully supporting people who want to give birth instead bleeding out because they are refused medical care.

• @squid_slime@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      6 days ago

we can fact check Harris, i mean if Harris made any bold lies we could then say it was unfair?
      and considering the stupidity of that lie about eating pets and how he got it from tv should we leave it up there to be perpetuated. anyway i will leave you with something from our conservative hero, facts dont care about your feelings :P

• NeuromancerM
      link
      fedilink
      -166 days ago

Kamala lied about so much. It was insane. Yet they never called her out on it.

No real policy. Just stupid statements backed by lies. I’m just a middle class girl. lol. No, no you were not.

I am impressed she didn’t cackle even once.

• @squid_slime@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        186 days ago

can you list a few lies in the debate from Harris? not that i don’t believe you. just haven’t followed her enough to scrutinize.

• NeuromancerM
          link
          fedilink
          -116 days ago

Sure Donald Trump has filed bankruptcy six times. That’s false. Donald Trump had filed bankruptcy zero times. The fine people comment was false. She denied wanting to defund the police. She denied her stance on fracking. She was full of shit the whole night.

Ironically I support her real stance on fracking. It’s an important issue to me. Fracking is a horrible practice that needs to stop

• NeuromancerM
              link
              fedilink
              -105 days ago

Bankruptcy is a legal matter. Either a person files or they don’t.

I also wouldn’t shame someone for filing.

Much less would I shame a business person for filing against their business if needed.

Sure Kamala has never filed a BK on a business but she’s never ran a business. She’s never created jobs.

Dislike Trump all you want but has created thousands of jobs. Kamala zero.

• @GBU_28@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                edit-2
                5 days ago

The statement is true, per the specifications I allowed. I never indicated any value assessment as you focused on. That’s not the point

Edit, to address the goalpost move: as a DA she certainly would have been in charge of staffing an office and had many humans in jobs. More than zero. So that’s not true

• NeuromancerM
                  link
                  fedilink
                  -45 days ago

She didn’t create those jobs. she didn’t run a p/l. The money didn’t come from her but from the state of California or the county depending on which job she did. The tax payers paid for those jobs.

• @squid_slime@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            96 days ago

it came off to me that her opinion had changed on fracking, being a politician in America is not won through honesty. inverters must see you as profitable, money is in oil. i have heard Donaald has filed bankruptcy i had to make sure and looked it up i’d like to see your source on this.

• NeuromancerM
              link
              fedilink
              -16 days ago

He has had companies filed bankruptcy. He has never filed. The two are not the same.

If she had take the anti-fracking stance. I’d make me strongly consider my vote. Fracking taints the ground water. To me that’s just stupid.

• @squid_slime@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                95 days ago

For a politician to take the stance of anti fracking would be political suicide. Thanks to Republicans money is speech , its become an incestuous game.

Would you say Harris’s lie is as bold as trumps? One is splitting hairs the other is a fairy tail that is made to create division.

• NeuromancerM
                  link
                  fedilink
                  -15 days ago

Not really; most Democrats would support a ban on fracking. At this point, never Trumpers would support the ban to stop Trump.

While I strongly dislike Harris, having clean water is important to me. Once you have contaminated the ground water, you are left with few options.

• NeuromancerM
    link
    fedilink
    -226 days ago

I think neither of them did a good job.

I would say there was no winner but the Americans lost In that debate