• PandaBearGreen [they/them]
      link
      fedilink
      English
      3110 months ago

And one of the first ones you see Is a lib calling ppl Russian Chinese psy ops for daring to be critical of Bidens track record on unions. Go figure.

• Adkml [he/him]
        link
        fedilink
        English
        2410 months ago

Yea but we don’t understand that if the rail workers had went on strike it would have CRASHED RHE ECONOMY.

Obviously the only possible option was force the unions to take a shit deal, there’s literally no other very obvious solution.

• NewLeaf [he/him]
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        10 months ago

I got a r *ddit comment removed in /r/p *litics today for saying it’s important to check multiple news sources because they all have spin, and you can usually get to the bottom of a story by doing so…

On a news link aggregator website

• @luciferofastora
            link
            English
            410 months ago

Leverage paranoia to fight ignorance. At least it’ll be good for something then.

• Adkml [he/him]
      link
      fedilink
      English
      1410 months ago

Couple years of banning anybody who criticizes Biden or calls somebody a fucking idiot will have that affect.

• NewLeaf [he/him]
      link
      fedilink
      English
      710 months ago

biden-point the economy is good, jack! Who are you gonna believe, me or your lying wallet and bank account?

• NewLeaf [he/him]
    link
    fedilink
    English
    1910 months ago

That’s all they do when talking about the train derailments.

“Won’t somebody think of the economy!” Is their answer to “Biden should have let them strike”. They are too worried about treatus interruptus

• Maoo [none/use name]
      link
      fedilink
      English
      710 months ago

The bourgeoisie want the public to think of themselves as inconvenienced consumers rather than fellow workers in a mutual struggle. The corporate media and liberal politicians gladly repeat the line.

• cynetri (he/any)
    link
    fedilink
    English
    1810 months ago

My immediate family works on the railroad and it’s always funny (in a depressing way) seeing people’s shit takes about the broken strike

• iie [they/them, he/him]
    link
    fedilink
    English
    410 months ago

I think more than anything the Biden administration wanted to avoid the optics of a national rail strike successfully using their leverage to force gains. It would be too powerful an example, because that’s potentially a lot of fucking leverage, being able to shut down the rail networks. This was all about maintaining the illusion of powerlessness.

• footfaults [none/use name]OP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      410 months ago

that is possible, but I feel like the Biden administration is just trying desperately to keep a lid on things, and having a strike would have made them really hurt politically, so they just stopped it from happening. No long term planning, no long game, just reacting to events as they happen