Hey y’all. I’m not a huge fan of defederating other instances but I honestly don’t know that hexbear is adding any value to our discussions. So far everything I have seen is trying to be edgy and gatekeeping with manipulative language. They also seem to enjoy stirring things up for entertainment.

So I pose the question is it worth it to stay federated to a seemingly bad faith instance for the few people who might understand and enjoy the lulz.

I would vote no but I’m open to the discussion.

• JokeDeity
    link
    fedilink
    1210 months ago

The faster everyone defeds from hexbear the better. They’re clearly not here in good faith.

• @vuk
    link
    edit-2
    10 months ago

deleted by creator

• jgrim of SublinksMA
    link
    410 months ago

What kind of trouble is hexbear causing discuss.online?

• @infinitevalenceOP
      link
      English
      410 months ago

directly not sure, but im not totally sure they fit with your goals of quality discussion.

• jgrim of SublinksMA
        link
        69 months ago

I don’t want to get into the habit of blocking everyone without a problem being present. I block pedo sites and the like; however, I’m unsure what trouble hexbear has caused. Once I better understand what they’re doing wrong, I’ll defederate with them. I’m not going to do it blindly.

• @infinitevalenceOP
          link
          English
          49 months ago

so its looking like it may just be a small community (but overly active) one on hexbear so I guess for now we let them be and keep our eyes out for abusive behaviour.

• @infinitevalenceOP
      link
      English
      310 months ago

I may do that anyway but I felt like we should be at least having a conversation as to the value of being connected to them.

• @frogfruit
      link
      19 months ago

You can block instances on Connect but it doesn’t prevent comments from appearing, only posts. Also currently this instance is having server issues, and I can’t log into any apps right now, only via browser.