• skulblaka
      link
      fedilink
      116 hours ago

God I miss Tumble Dry comics. I understand he wanted to be more with his life than just “funny weed man” but fuck if he didn’t make some of the most legendary stoner comics of all time.

• @Gork@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    728 hours ago

This, folks, is why global definition of variables can lead to your untimely demise.

• M137
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    4 hours ago

“Kelvins” just feels wrong, but apparently is correct? (looking it up, seems like it’s right) It still feels the same as if you’d say “200 Fahrenheits” or “140 Celciuses”.

• @chuckleslord@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      3 hours ago

Celsius and Fahrenheit are both degrees units, meaning they’re scaled off of some arbitrary temperature. 20°C means 20 Celsius units away from Celsius 0.

Kelvin isn’t scaled. 0 Kelvin means there’s no temperature energy at all. So there’s no need to couch it in degrees, since it isn’t arbitrary but a defined scale with an absolute zero point.

• @DarkCloud@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    127 hours ago

If TNGs computer were as dumb as ChatGPT.

Thankfully they only let ChatGPT run the hollodecks… Whoch explains why they’re always glitching out!

• IninewCrow
      link
      fedilink
      English
      66 hours ago

This is how I envision the future of modern day AI crap online …

“… … the answer to your question is … imma gonna kill you … lol … what else would you like to ask?”

• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    98 hours ago

I have said it before but I’ll say it again: be careful who you give root/superuser permissions to:-).

• Fuck spez
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      45 minutes ago

Heed this warning. I gave them to myself and it did not end well.

• @OpenStars
        link
        English
        142 minutes ago

Fuck yeah. We are often our own worst enemies. Especially you:-).