• Obinice
    link
    fedilink
    2914 hours ago

Don’t forget that your employer doesn’t give you your legally mandated annual leave, it’s one of your basic rights, like sick pay (applies to the UK, and hopefully a lot of other places).

<3

• @innermeerkat@jlai.lu
    link
    fedilink
    2716 hours ago

In France 5 weeks PTO is the minimum. But depending on where you and with who you work, taking a leave can be seen very differently.

You can also have more than 5 weeks but it hides overtime work behind that needs to be accounted else the company can be sued for it. So they sell you a nice job with lots of PTO but in fact they don’t appreciate that you may enjoy what they owe you.

• @venusaur@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    4119 hours ago

That’s the sentiment for “unlimited PTO”. They give it to you, but you know they don’t really mean it.

• @jeffw@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    819 hours ago

That sucks. I’ve managed at a couple places and the only time I’ve ever had scrutiny on employee PTO is when someone calls out “sick” right before/after a holiday (we know you’re hungover). And that was back in the day when I did retail.

To the contrary, working at a small non-profit, they wanted us to pressure people to take their PTO so that they’d stay happy.