The selloff came just weeks after Shiftall announced a new headset, MeganeX superlight, after failing to deliver the original MeganeX it teased in 2022 and said it would ship in 2023.

And as unbelievable as it may sound, Shiftall is doing it again. It won’t actually be shipping the MeganeX superlight it announced earlier this year, and instead opened preorders for a new “MeganeX superlight 8K”.

• DarkThoughts@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 hours ago

Why does this just glance over what sounds like a scam? Also, how does that strap even work? How is there enough pressure on the headset itself to seal with the face, if the strap pulls above it? Is there some strong spring loaded in that hinge that pushes it against your face?

• Nastybutler@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      20 hours ago

That’s legitimately how I read it in the headline. It wasn’t until in the body I realized it’s actually Shiftall but sounds like Shitfall is apt

• ultranaut@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 day ago

This looks great except they don’t mention the FOV anywhere. That makes me suspect its not great. For that kind of price they should be more forthcoming on what you are actually preordering. Especially with a history of not delivering, and a no refunds policy.

• UnbrokenTaco@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      17 hours ago

https://youtu.be/fZcjtZZVX6A?si=z8zRVl8fRbx5nVrA&t=3m30s

Sebastian from MRTV does get excited about new products but he mentions a few comparisons and opinions.

I don’t mean to hype but he says:

• Higher fov than Apple vision pro and similar fov to Pico 4 and ultra. Estimates around 100ish horizontally and 100 vertically
      • Very comfortable, super light
      • Very good picture. Sharpest picture he’s seen in VR, period. Sharper than AVP, XR4.
      • Better binocular overlap than AVP and Bigscreen Beyond
      • Super clear pancake lenses. Don’t see any glare but not enough contrast in the scene to test it
      • He asked if it could go brighter but the guy said they haven’t added that yet. Not as bright as AVP. Some brightness lost at very edges.

He says he’s doing a more in depth test “tomorrow” but that video isn’t up yet on YouTube afaik. I think he’ll reply on discord/patreon if you ask him questions.