First time using Citadel paints they felt amazing to use! Getting my hands on some miniatures soon I’m excited to get into this.

• nocturne@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

I love Citadel paints, but like everyone, i hate their pots.

I have been tempted to get some of the McFarlane figures, I wish he would do some Sigmar stuff though.

• faltryka@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 days ago

I’m just joining the hobby now and am probably going to start painting this week. When you say you like the paint but not the pot does that mean something about the design of the plastic container?

• faltryka@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 days ago

Ok and having not cracked mine open yet, I’m trying to visualize the challenge here.

Is it that we are often thinning the paints on a pallet and not dipping brushes in pots, so control of a small dot of paint on a pallet is way easier with a dropper bottle right?

• nocturne@sopuli.xyz
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 days ago

And citadel paints tip over. Getting paint out of a citadel pot is more difficult to get a consistent amount out onto the palette. You also never want to get paint into the ferrule of the brush (the metal bit that connects the bristles to the handle) and that is much more difficult to do when you are blindly dipping into a pot.

• faltryka@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 days ago

That first pose is super cool! I love the scuffed and worn look of the power armor too, how do you do that?

• Cowboy_Dude@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 days ago

Thank you! After applying the base mephiston red coat, I dipped a bit of leadbelcher silver on my brush and dabbed it along several edges and large surfaces to give that chipped paint look. After that, I attacked my figure with an xacto knife to give it even more damage and reveal the black primer underneath.