https://t.me/astrapress/66526

Explosions heard in Dzhankoy, air raid siren in Sevastopol, Crimean Bridge closed

Monitoring channels write about the missile threat and the work of air defense. The Dzhankoy checkpoint is closed. There is a smoke screen over the Crimean Bridge.

• Madison420@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 hours ago

In July 2023 two sea drones targeted the bridge & killed 2 & injured 1. The two killed were a husband & wife. The injured one was their child.

Traveling into a warzone… I mean yeah it sucks but mentioning they are a family is irrelevant.

• IphtashuFitz@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 hours ago

The post I was responding to claimed the Ukrainians were trying to avoid civilian casualties. This clearly demonstrates that civilian casualties were involved.

• Madison420@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 hours ago

They can try to avoid civilian casualties and still have civilian casualties…

For a major thoroughfare 3 casualties is extremely low, even for a multi car accident that’s low. You can throw shade on Ukraine for some stuff but clearly by every military definition they are actively avoiding civilian casualties.

Why you would even mention it when Russia is bombing hospitals and schools is … Either very clear or just wildly stupid.