• TheBest@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    22 hours ago

Actually a decent read with some thought behind each statement.

Im a border Zillenial so I get to see both sides of this.

I recognize the older way of thinking, and I’m willing to go above and beyond because I personally love my job, but my younger cousins and siblings aren’t so lucky. But the article is right they don’t put up with any bullshit.

Rude manager trying to power trip? They gone.

Horrible inconsistent part time hours that won’t provide stability? They gone and aren’t willing to go through the system, work for years, only to get a promotion to AM and limit themselves that way.

Boss putting new responsibility’s and expectations without performance acknowledgment or a raise? They gone, they didn’t sign up for that without being paid for it.

They don’t want to waste their life strggling and hating employment.

Life is worth living.

• Jo Miran@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 hours ago

Gen-Z are, for the most part, the children of Gen-X. This article, and your assessment of Gen-Z is almost a copy/paste of what was written and said about Gen-X exactly thirty years ago.

Gen-X ended up doing their own thing and creating some really cool shit. My hope is that by refusing to conform, Gen-Z, like their parents before them, will forge their own path.

• WashedOver@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      24 hours ago

I’ve just started watching Hacks. They do a great job of highlighting the differences between Z and boomers.

The things that were just plain terrible in the workplace the boomers just lived with and worked around like sexual harassment horrified and shutdown the Gen Z character, while the boomers just figured ways around it best they could being woman without much say in their times. They were laughing about it in retrospect, especially rejoicing in the sexual harasser boss being dead.

Those women put up with a lot of sh8t and trail blazed for their time. That’s not to say any of it was right. As a Gen X it’s interesting the different worlds we all have been raised in.