Honestly the Switch 2 is the only future console I have any excitement for.

• Tanis Nikana@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 hours ago

The only thing I still buy from Nintendo is hanafuda. They got some pretty good quality, playable stuff. I guess their shogi equipment isn’t bad either.

Video games though? Nope, not anymore.

• bradbeattie@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 hours ago

And I can refund the game if I don’t like it. And I can see reviews of the game by those who have been vetted as having bought it.

• schizo@forum.uncomfortable.business
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

And it’ll play nearly every video game made since the invention of video games, which is a huge win.

Want to play Diablo? Sure, no problem. Destiny 2? Yep, that’s fine. Italian Plumber and Friends Kart Racing? Why yes, that works great.

And yeah, don’t have to support a company that hates you only slightly more than it hates people playing their older games.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 hours ago

Fair, I brainfarted on that one.

I have an Ally, which is running Windows, which does run Destiny 2 and Fortnite and League and whatever else the steamdeck doesn’t because of rootkit anticheat.

So I’ll restate: you can run almost anything that doesn’t need malware to allow you to connect to their servers.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              5 hours ago

D2 and Fortnite are keeping me on windows instead of something like Bazzite, so I’m right there with you.

The annoying thing is that battleeye does exist for Linux, but the devs would have to implement it and they’re just… not.