I am posting this from Lemmy World. Discuss Online is causing Jerboa to crash when I open it. Opening to a different instance resolves the issue.

• jgrim of SublinksMA
    link
    English
    310 months ago

Have you tried removing the instance and adding it back?

I’m not doing anything different that could cause this. I’ll investigate.

• @terkaz
      link
      English
      410 months ago

I also use Jerboa and can confirm this: the app crashes shortly after trying to connect to discuss.online.
      I tried to add discuss to the Liftoff app, but it says that the instance cannot be found.

• @frogfruit
      link
      edit-2
      10 months ago

I tried that on Connect, and I’m unable to sign back in. I’ve been unable to use any apps with this instance for at least 2 days. The website seems to work ok weirdly but that’s not ideal for me for accessibility reasons.

• @favrion
      link
      310 months ago

The app crashes within half a second so it becomes impossible to do that. I am reinstalling Jerboa and adding my accounts again.

• FavrionOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      310 months ago

I redownloaded Jerboa and added all accounts except for this one. It was impossible to even open it because the app would crash within half a second.

• @lazyguruMA
    link
    English
    210 months ago

deleted by creator

• @FelipeFelop
    link
    English
    110 months ago

Just to add that this also happens with Voyager. You just get a blank screen and can’t do anything.

• FavrionOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        110 months ago

Oh, thanks. I can’t really look at it because the instance doesn’t open on the app.

• @kenvald
          link
          English
          310 months ago

Hah sorry, I should’ve thought of that. Long story short: This instance is running on latest Lemmy beta version. Lemmy made a recent change to the beta version which breaks 3rd party apps like Jerboa. DO tried to rollback their version but it failed. We now have to wait until the 3rd party apps release an update that works with Lemmy beta(or future v0.19 when released).

The most recent update from instance owners saying the same thing:

After some additional digging through the Lemmy diff for beta.5 to beta.8 (and then looking through the PRs that were merged to create this diff), the issue is indeed with the Lemmy code and is even called out in one of the PRs,. What this means is that the 3rd party clients that are not able to access the site will need to update their code to fix things on their side (or else they will be broken when v0.19 is released and all other instances update to it).