• Da Bald Eagul@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 day ago

I only disagree with the drinking water one to be honest. The others I find legitimately annoying. I still wear sunscreen, but only because sunburn is even worse

• HelixDab2@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      21 hours ago

Doesn’t bother me; it’s 2 minutes to spray it on, and then re-apply every hour that I’m outside. As long as I’m wearing a hat to shade my face, I don’t have to worry about putting any on my face, and then sweating it into my eyes.

Doing hard manual labor in the mid-day sun at the height of summer though? That’s def. unpleasant as fuck. I can do 2-5 hours, and then I’m just done for the day. I don’t know how some people can do that for eight hours a day, day in and day out.

• bluewing@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 hours ago

Try 10 to 12 hours outside working. If you work outdoors, you ain’t doing no measly 8 hours as a rule.

• HelixDab2@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 hours ago

Disagree; most people that work outside are still working for a wage, and OT pay kicks in once you break 40 hours in a week. That limits most places to 8 hours, unless you’re talking about undocumented immigrants that don’t have any labor protections, or people that are self-employed in some way.

• bluewing@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 hours ago

You’ve never been on a construction job site meeting a deadline have you? Been there, done that, got the tan, and I wasn’t an undocumented immigrant.

• HelixDab2@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              7 hours ago

Yeah, I have, and I got stiffed out weeks of pay I was owed because it was with a fly-by-night contractor that had a nose-candy problem. …Which is why I don’t do that any more. (Plus, he insisted on doing shit in the most backassward, bullshit way. I’ll be surprised if his shit doesn’t kill someone some day.)

If you work for a reputable company–not as a 1099 contractor, which is self-employed–then you probably have to be paid overtime pay. If you get a W2, and you’re not getting OT when you have to put in more than 40 hours in a week, then you need to consult with an employment attorney.