• nondescripthandle@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 hour ago

I understand the concept of appealing to a better nature but, ma’am this is America. We still revere Henry Ford, we imported Nazi scientists because of some self imposed space race. Outside of WW2, (where we didn’t even voluntary join we needed to be attacked first) our history shows were far far more likely to ignore or tacitly support fascism. Be careful asking questions you don’t want the answer to Harris.

• Gil Wanderley@lemmy.eco.br
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 hours ago

Sadly, politics are so f***ed up that I have to agree with something Trump has said: He can shoot someone in Times Square and not lose a single vote.

• TurnpikeRangers@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      56 minutes ago

As Cady Heron once famously said, “The limit does not exist.” Nothing, absolutely nothing, will cause him to lose support. The people who support him love him more than anything, and they will do whatever it takes to support him. They will break their own moral code, they will bend over backwards to make his rhetoric fit their morals, they will turn their back on everything they’ve ever known or loved if that’s what it takes to continue to support him. Because he is the most important thing in their lives.

Idk how old you are but there used to be discussions about how we can beat terrorists, a group of people who willingly kill themselves to inflict damage. How do you beat an enemy in war who views their own death as a victory?

That’s what we’re up against with trump. There is no inroad, there is no common ground, there is no logic. It’s a cult, plain and simple. How do you stop someone who wants to die for their cause? Maybe trump supporters don’t want to literally die for him, but they damn sure would give up everything else for him.

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 hour ago

And he will call the family to apologize and check in… after the media calls him out for not doing so, but only after a Democrat tries to do so and is rejected because the family still supports Trump despite all that happened.

• Buddahriffic@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        56 minutes ago

It was self-defense! It was only a matter of time before that supporter realized what Trump was really doing, and they weren’t likely to be happy about it.

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 hour ago

Sadly, yes.

I’m really hoping “It’s a close race…” is code for “Harris is favored to win, but we rigged the polls to show them neck and neck so that there’s still a news cycle.”

• Krauerking@lemy.lol
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      20 minutes ago

I’m worried cause I see the Democrats doing the “smart” thing of finding the exact counties they need to win. And aggressively pushing and trying to play to them alone.

And that doesn’t seem like a smart strategy. In fact it feels like Hillary or Disney’s failings where playing it safe and doing “smart” math doesn’t work to do something productive and barely scrapes them by.
      I don’t see this being a landslide. And I’m worried their math will mean nothing in the real world.

• Buddahriffic@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      53 minutes ago

Hopefully it’s that and not “we rigged the polls to give some credibility to whatever bs Trump is planning”.

• technocrit@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    25 minutes ago

I’m not so worried about what they’re both saying as much as the fact that they’re both actively supporting a holocaust.

• Fedizen@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    6 hours ago

this kind of rhetoric will never work against somebody who was already president. Her campaign has made a mistake, which honestly shouldn’t be big enough to crash the election but its the US and the electoral college who the fuck knows how 5000 psychopaths in swing states are going to vote after being bombarded with record breaking levels of insane propaganda…

It should be clear that the easy way to campaign on trump is to hit him hard in the economy: He had to bailout farmers because of his first round of tariffs. US steel still hasn’t recovered. Trump tariffs will not only raise prices but the resulting bailouts will drastically increase inflation and eventually he will run out of scapegoats to blame his failures on so however loyal to trump you seem to be, eventually he will blame you and send the military on you for criticizing him

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 hour ago

I really don’t understand why neither the Harris or Biden campaign just roiled out footage of the Covid-19 lockdown in a short film titled “Literally the last time this motherfucker was in charge”

Cause ya know, that would work…

• Flocklesscrow@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 hour ago

They’re holding pat with, “Hey, we’re not the other guy. And that should be enough.”

And anyone who says, well maybe that not enough, gets lambasted.

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 hour ago

Yeah, but you could say “We’re not the other guy… who did THIS, and that should be enough.”, point out WHY the other guy is bad…

It’s “Oh yeah, we never actually asked him what he believed would make America great again… whoops.” from 2016 all over again.

In my heart of hearts, I still feel like we’re heading to a Kamela victory, but then we look at the polls…

• MyOpinion@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 hour ago

He sleeps with My New Order by Hitler next to his bed. Wants to be a dictator on day 1. Sees good people at a Nazi march. Wants generals like Hitler’s. By George he just may be a Nazi. - Edited

• Doorbook@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 hours ago

Rich coming from administration that veto every call for ceasefire or humanitarian aid against a genocide happening life on the internet. Since start of this October people in Jabalia has been under a clear plan of genocide, burned alive in hospital beds, an no where to go.

Supporting a genocidal regime is the same as supporting hitler.

• jaemo@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 hours ago

Cool but since you’re such a smarty, you know that Harris is not the head of the current regime, so only a fucking idiot would think that voting for her is tacitly giving a pass to genocide, and only a colossal idiot would think Trump is a better choice, and only a titanic idiot would abstain from voting in such a consequential election.

Since you didn’t bother even to gloss over the basics I assume you agree. On account of how very very smart and clever you are.

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 hour ago

Isn’t it common knowledge at this point that Jill Stein is literally a spoil candidate who only ever seems to exist every four years as a “I’m a Leftist, but I only have bad things to say about Democrats, what a coincidence?” candidate with an uncomfortably large amount of ties to Russia?

• geneva_convenience@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 hours ago

Well Trump is also saying good things about Genocide that’s what the article about.

Pot calling the kettle black.

• LotrOrc@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 hours ago

That’s his point exactly.

If your only two choices are genocide 1 and genocide 2 then you’ve fucked up pretty bad as a country

Hell this country has only been around 300 years and it’s started more wars than most people can count.

• AbidanYre@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 hours ago

Because a lot of the “Democrats are pro genocide” crew seem to be Stein stans. Maybe he’s not, but the point was that there are two possible outcomes of the election in November and saying “I can’t vote for someone who’s pro-genocide” is a bullshit copout.

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 hour ago

It really is considering one is merely twiddling their thumbs as Palestine burns, the option that isn’t Harris aspires to be literally Hitler.

Ya think if you gave a shit about genocide you’d, I dunno… Not want to risk “Literally Hitler” getting into power?

• jatone@lemmy.dbzer0.com
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              6 minutes ago

Genocide occurs with either one. Get a clue. If you dont like it, tell your reps and stfu about peoples voting decisions. Its not your place to judge their decisions with their votes.

If harris loses because of her support for genocide thats on her for not reading the room in two of only 5 states that matter.

Sucks to be her and the Democrats but thems the breaks when your partisan and incapable of doing the right thing

• MTK@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    8 hours ago

I don’t like to judge people black on white.

Hitler did kill Hitler, so there’s something good to say about him

• Zaktor@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 hour ago

The direct Hitler praise hadn’t come out before 2016. There were certainly many other serious red flags though.