• gianni@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    12 hours ago

Many electric cars can accelerate incredibly fast compared to combustion vehicles.

• BCsven@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          9 hours ago

Or just going too fast. A lady near us thought you could just drive 100 around a corner rise because it is a Tesla. Car left the road and took out a lamp post. People just aren’t good drivers sometimes, and over estimate their skills. Lets not assume stuck pedal, until a real report comes out

• gianni@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 hours ago

It might not have been a stuck pedal, but many of these electric cars accelerate much faster than people expect. Which is how normal people end up taking out lamp posts or rolling their vehicle, etc…

• Kbobabob@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 hours ago

A Ford focus can do a high rate of speed. High rate of speed has nothing to do with acceleration without a known distance.

• Showroom7561@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 hours ago

A Ford focus can do a high rate of speed.

True, but do they also have problems with accelerators getting stuck or being triggered for no apparent reason, leading to thousands of crashes?

High rate of speed has nothing to do with acceleration without a known distance.

I agree. Police didn’t really give any other details. I’m just pointing out that Teslas are known to have problems, which result in similar circumstances leading to crashes.

• Kbobabob@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              9 hours ago

Hell, they didn’t even give the model Tesla. It looked like a model Y from what I could see in the images.