• NotBillMurray@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 day ago

“Unless the system is entirely perfect and without defects we can’t make reasonable concessions to make voting easier.”

• Awesomo85@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 day ago

But this is DEMOCRACY on the line!! There is LITERALLY NOTHING ON THE PLANET MORE IMPORTANT (© internet people)!!!

And if there is ANY doubt about the system, then it absolutely does disenfranchise voters! And that is THE ULTIMATE SIN (© internet people)!!!

I’m just trying to follow the infallible logic of the internet collective here.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          21 hours ago

Man, I was going to address your comment but I took a quick look at your post history and decided it wasn’t worth the effort.

Please fuck off.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            20 hours ago

Oh no, please sir! You are obviously my intellectual superior! I need your input sir! Please!! Please impart on me your God like wisdom!!

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                edit-2
                12 hours ago

Oof. Is that all your English major pays these days?

Should have gone for a STEM degree. I assure you, it pays WAY more than what you are currently making.

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  19 minutes ago

If it turns me into a stemlord like you I’ll take the pay cut and sleep comfortably knowing things could be much worse. Now, one more time, fuck off to wherever it is you want to fuck off to.

That will be $1.95 please.

• Mark@mastodon.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 day ago

@Awesomo85 Rephrase: “As long as we have voting, a little voter fraud is acceptable”. Obviously voter fraud is NOT acceptable, but any system that covers 200 million or so potential voters cannot be completely foolproof. Like security systems, the goal is to have so many different safeguards that the number of violations becomes vanishingly small. The fruitless efforts to find any widespread voter fraud to date indicate that we have been successful.

• Moops@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        23 hours ago

And to add, our last couple elections have been the most secure, with the least voter fraud in history.

• AMillionNames@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          22 hours ago

It’s only on par with the zero reported voter fraud in Russian elections!

I’m sorry, but some of us consider the electoral college and gerrymandering voter fraud.