I think having a split keyboard so my mouse can be in the middle would really help my comfort at the desk. Is there a style that doubles up the middle keys? My typing style means sometimes I use my right hand to hit T, left to hit Y, etc.

Is this a style already, or would I need to build my own?

I am completely new to this domain and would appreciate advice from knowledgeable enthusiasts.

• Star@lemmy.blahaj.zoneOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

“Fix your left-handedness, not the guitar/scissors/every right-handed object in existence”

• LazaroFilm@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

You can buy a left handed guitar or scissors. Your keyboard uses both hands and tries to spread the load between both as best it can. What you’re asking is to duplicate keys. Not the same thing. Keeping your fingers in their own columns will help your typing. It’s harder at first. I had a hell of a time with CV keys at first but it got better and it helped me on standard keyboards as well.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

I don’t think you understand. You are arguing that I should conform to the standard. Right-handed is standard. People made left-handed guitars to accommodate. You say just as much. You agree that left-handed items exist, and you are fighting against my inquiry for what is equivalent to wanting left-handed items.

Why are you pushing against my simple inquiry as if I’m a rival?

• schmidtster@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            11 months ago

You are actually more asking for a special not yet made both handed guitar. Both of the things you want exist, just not together.

They don’t exist because it would lead to incorrect habits or behavior which can be detrimental over time.

They are fighting because you are arguing different arguments than you are requesting. You are attempting to use the as examples, when they just don’t work. Since you aren’t looking for a left handed scissor, you want a custom made scissor so you can use it two handed and with your teeth.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              11 months ago

I am genuinely disturbed at how embattled people are.

My question was if the keyboard exists. I explained why i tap keys the way I do. I said I could unlearn the habit.

What if a both-handed guitar could help someone? Why are you arguing against it? How would your life change if I got a unique keyboard?

Instead of kindness, you are chooseling to look down on me for my differences.

Why are you so mad?

• schmidtster@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                11 months ago

You know it’s funny, because you’re just as guilty. You started with the embattlement with the first response, you didn’t like that I answered you with the same tone and now here we are. You are insulting disabled people and using them to hide behind your laziness.

What if? If it did you don’t think someone would have invented it already? We aren’t arguing against it… we are pointing out that your examples are fallacious, they have nothing to do with what you’re requesting or with accessibility.

Why do you keep asking if I’m mad? I’ve already answered that multiple times. Do you just have issues accepting an answer that doesn’t align with your preconceived notions? I’m not mad, I’m explaining how you’re a terrible human and are insulting people with disabilities by hiding behind these altruistic arguments.