I was a big fan of the GPD Win 1 and 2, and I was disappointed GPD abandoned the clamshell design. For many reasons I think it’s better than the tablet design that the newer Win, ROG Ally, Steam Deck etc have, but I guess it’s just harder to make. And with the Win Mini having the newest Ryzen APUs, it will blow the Win 2 out of the water in performance. We’ll finally have a capable clamshell UMPC!

My only concerns are the size/weight and the price, but I suppose you can’t have everything. I probably won’t afford to get it on IGG but at least it’s being made at all and I can hopefully get it eventually hah

P.S. Hi Dax looks like I’m the only person in this sub (or whatever it’s called on this platform) besides you lol. I just joined Lemmy. Hello!

• @Dax87@forum.stellarcastle.netM
    link
    fedilink
    311 months ago

I really love the 1 and 2 designs. I only was introduced to GPD when the first GPD Win Max came out, so I missed out. I was hoping that the GPD Win Mini would be as small as the 1 or 2 (was willing to take a compromise on the specs for it). But I think the GPD Win Mini is going to be awesome. I feel like it’s the golden age of handheld x86 gaming, and I love that we have all these different options that can fit all sorts of preferences.

And welcome! :) We have just around 135 subscribers as of this writing, and growing! We’re glad to have you!!

• @InverseParallax@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    211 months ago

Still love my win2 better than my steam deck for older games, might get the mini as the upgrade as it’s getting long in the tooth.