sounds good with butter tho

• Drusas
    link
    fedilink
    196 months ago

This is something I could see having been made on Iron Chef back in the '90s, with all of the guests not wanting to eat it but then being surprised that it’s not horrible.

• @binomialchicken@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    116 months ago

I am just gonna put it out there that this is actually delicious (mostly because of the butter chunks). Definitely the highlight of my trip to Woods Hole about 20 years ago, and this might even be the same shop still selling it, proving I am not alone in my preference.

• @Agent641@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      66 months ago

You can put pretty much any flavor with a bit of salt, sweet, and fat, and it will probably be OK as long as the texture isnt fucked.

• @DashboTreeFrog
    link
    English
    96 months ago

I’ve had savoury ice cream before, I’d give this a shot.

• @DashboTreeFrog
      link
      English
      26 months ago

A South East Asian dish, “nasi lemak” as an ice cream flavour. The actual dish is rice cooked in coconut milk, usually served with chili paste and dried anchovies, sometimes some kind of meat too. The ice cream flavour had the savoury creaminess of the coconut rice and a hint of spice, which worked surprisingly well with the cold ice cream. Don’t think it would have been as good if they tried to add the anchovies though.

I had wasabi ice cream before as well, and while sweet the spiciness there was also nice and different from typical ice cream flavours.

• Match!!
    link
    fedilink
    English
    36 months ago

I pronounce this innocent of all wrongdoing

• I’ve seen a lot of ice creams made with other dairy products like butter and cheese; the results tend to be surprisingly well received. I’d like to try some sharp cheddar cheese ice cream and popcorn butter ice cream based on those. They sound awesome.