Hello everyone,

As discussed on the other thread (https://discuss.online/post/4573496), here is the laid back community for Europeans!

Feel free to share any ideas you would have for the logo, and banner, the sidebar and the community in general!

• Riddick3001
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Going with your direction but different. Something like this, but better,) Maybe a bit boring , but no (clear) borders or countries;

( prefered)

• Manucode
    link
    fedilink
    35 months ago

Logo: the European Flag, but its stars replaced with either hearts or emojis

• @BlazeOP
      link
      15 months ago

Interesting, but then are we attached to the European Union more that the European countries (a lot of them not being in the EU?)

• @BlazeOP
          link
          15 months ago

Makes sense to definitely not use the standard EU flag. Your option is nice, but I’m always a bit reluctant to attach too much to the EU, as it’s always changing

• Manucode
            link
            fedilink
            15 months ago

I just remembered that the EU flag is technically also the flag of the Council of Europe which includes all European countries but Belarus and the Vatican.

Because most people primarily associate it with the EU, your point still stands though.

• @BlazeOP
    link
    -15 months ago

The only rule I would suggest is no politics, nor political news, as those should probably be in !europe@feddit.de

• @BlazeOP
        link
        15 months ago

Let’s see how it goes. I’m just afraid that politics will be most of the content, while I’m actually trying to avoid that content in the first place.

There’s a difference between making fun of stupid politics, and then having a depressing discussion with the rise of the far right in Germany. For the latter, I guess !europe@feddit.de was already there.

• @knatschus@discuss.tchncs.de
          link
          fedilink
          25 months ago

If the rule would be no politics and i would be a mod, half of your posts would have been already deleted.

For posts anything that praises europe europeans or our cultures either for real or satirecal should be allowed.

For comments i would be much more open if such discussions arise, just downvote collapse the parent comment and move on. Lemmy is way to small to overly moderate it.

• @BlazeOP
            link
            25 months ago

Thank you for your comment, I guess I wasn’t clear in the first one.

Memes or funny content about politics is okay and encouraged.

Gruesome political news like the newspaper article about the latest scandal, the extremist political movement, etc. just seems to replicate was what already in !europe@feddit.de and it doesn’t make sense to have another community which would be the same.

Border between the two might be sometimes blurry, but let’s see how it goes. I hope it’s more clear now.

• @BlazeOP
        link
        35 months ago

Yes, humor is definitely encouraged. As said below

Memes or funny content about politics is okay and encouraged.

Gruesome political news like the newspaper article about the latest scandal, the extremist political movement, etc. just seems to replicate was what already in !europe@feddit.de and it doesn’t make sense to have another community which would be the same.

• Riddick3001
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          5 months ago

Maybe this could be your " rule 1" informal positive, humorous, satirical conversational forum/Community. Only (political) postings which fit this description like memes and funny content are accepted.