• @psychothumbs@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      375 months ago

I was getting a little choked up just thinking about it while reading the description of a day in the life at prison in this article and imagining Trump being subjected to it.

• @lennybird@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        275 months ago

I hope you all join me in a coast-to-coast block party. I sure as shit will be planting a union-made flag (something I never do) in my front yard, playing some music and celebrating out front.

• DigitalTraveler42
    link
    fedilink
    English
    495 months ago

6’3"? Lol hell nah he was shorter than Barry O. (6’) and Trump’s lil bitch ass was wearing lifts:

• Art35ian
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      5 months ago

I’m exactly 6’1”, measured barefoot against a wall. I’ve been the same height forever.

I stood next to a Madame Tussauds wax replica of Trump in Amsterdam and I was easily 2 inches taller than it. I was wearing Connies. It was in lifted healed boots.

There is no way Trump is 6’3” as he claims. None. On his best day, barefoot, the dude is scraping 6 feet but I’d bet my last dollar he’s closer to 5’11”.

• @nilloc@discuss.tchncs.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        95 months ago

While I’m sure the hair was more realistic, I’m not sure Madam Tussauds is the most accurate source for trumps height.

He’s probably 6’, but only when his diaper is empty and not weighing him down.

• Art35ian
          link
          fedilink
          55 months ago

I’m pretty sure Madame Tussauds claim to fame is its anatomically correct dimensions of its statues.

• @SoylentBlake@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      -95 months ago

Yea I came in to say the same thing. There’s no reality in the entire multiverse thats got Trump, without his heels, over 6ft.

I know superficially and perhaps subconsciously height garners respect, but theres only one type of guy, and I’ve seen several examples, that just fucking dominate the room. Maybe they got the maxed out rizz stat, idk, but that’s the short king with the tall hottie on his arm, ala Cruise/Kidman. This is all lizard brain stuff, of course, it can be consciously overridden, it’s just usually not. Power dynamics grind as the male to male summation is essentially short circuited, all because shortKing shows up openly prevalidated. And that guy, aware enough to take advantage, is capable of persuading pockets to his goals.

• DigitalTraveler42
        link
        fedilink
        English
        65 months ago

Bro it’s just called money and a green card, there’s no rizz about Trump at all.

• @SoylentBlake@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          5 months ago

I wasn’t talking about Trump having rizz, thats about the trope. I assumed the Cruise/Kidman exemplifies the dynamic. Melania isnt taller than Trump anyway.

I brought it up solely to shine a brighter light on Trumps insecurities, sorry if that wasn’t clear.

• @lennybird@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      195 months ago

Right!? I just wrote the same thing. I’m dancing in the street and putting a union-made American flag up.

• @Snapz@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      25 months ago

If it hasn’t already, American democracy unequivocally fails if he doesn’t go to jail.

First in spirit, as an insurrectionist is allowed to even run for president in the actual general election as a free man, for control of the country he attempted to incite inept goons to overthrew. And then systems tangibly collapses if he actually wins.

And then MAYBE it gets challenged and fails if he does go to jail and his cultists freak out for daddy and the churches all start handing out pipe bombs to their parishioners.

One’s a certainty though, the other is a big maybe depending on them competently organizing and firmly crossing that line, which they’ll haven’t yet, in actual numbers.

• billwashere
    link
    fedilink
    English
    365 months ago

Well first of all, we will need to build a large fire since hell just froze over.

• @Diplomjodler@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    235 months ago

There will be convoys of lifted trucks full of AR-15 waving yokels. They’ll get to a roadblock somewhere on the way to Washington. Most likely they’ll just head back home meekly after being given a talking to. You must remember that these people are all cowards at heart. They only feel strong as part of a mob when they have some easy victims to pick on. Maybe there will be a shootout but it will be over quickly and there’s no doubt about the result.

• @Snapz@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      25 months ago

Somewhere in this equation, they’ll also start to fight each other after accusing part of their group of being “Seekret Anteefah Spyes!!!” And one or more of them will literally shoot themselves in the foot.

• @ryathal@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    215 months ago

Almost definitely house arrest is the only real option. A distant second is removing his security detail, but that’s not exactly easy.

link
      fedilink
      English
      335 months ago

It’s frustrating how the rich and powerful end up not having to leave their cushy mansions even when doing prison time.

• @hansl@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        185 months ago

Maybe Americans should explore not voting the rich and powerful into permanent roles. There are real limitations of what you can do with a president after their time in office and it makes sense that you’d want security details and special rights for past presidents.

The right thing to do would have been not to elect Trump as a meme. We shat the bed, now we see the consequences. Let’s see if people are still as stupid as ever.

• @OpenStars@startrek.website
          link
          fedilink
          English
          155 months ago

Never forget: they mostly didn’t.

First, the majority of people voted for not-Trump, though lmfao b/c we don’t care about “majority” here… :-P

Second, the majority of electoral college votes were for not-Clinton. Including protest votes to third-party candidates.

And before that, the majority of votes in the Republican primary election were for not-Cruz.

And before that, the media gave him tens (hundreds?) of millions of dollars worth of free advertising. Then afterwards they gave even more, b/c you “gotta be fair” after all!:-D

He very much is the product of “The System”, which shat him out and just as easily can produce another exactly like him. Kanye 2028?

• @Facebones@reddthat.com
            link
            fedilink
            15 months ago

Democrats too. Democrats pumped alot of money and energy into elevating trump, and continue to pump money into far right candidates.

• @OpenStars@startrek.website
              link
              fedilink
              English
              15 months ago

“Certainly not many people would be dumb enough to…” -> Almost half the nation proceeds to prove them wrong.:-(

“Well what else were we to do, leave the only other option be BERNIE SANDERS!?”

Republicans are not “conservatives” nor are Democrats “liberals”, I now realize.:-(

• @lennybird@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        105 months ago

Right. Sweet poetry would be placing him in Epstein’s very cell.

Or perhaps for the safety of the inmate he is placed in solitary.

Hell he can still have his Secret Service; they can just assume the role of corrections officer.

• @ryathal@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        85 months ago

The rich and powerful generally go to prison for at least some time. The hangup with Trump is the lifetime protection from the secret service. There’s no way that the secret service could consent to just watching on video or something, and having armed guards next to other prisoners is even more dangerous.

link
          fedilink
          English
          45 months ago

Once in a while, though even then generally to minimum security, but house arrest is pretty common for wealthy convicts even without the secret service issue.

• RubberDuck
      link
      fedilink
      75 months ago

No no… to keep him safe they need to make sure he’s well protected… I think they have a prison on another island just across the gulf

• @wolfpack86@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      15 months ago

How is this not easy? Secret service protection is afforded only by virtue of law. At one point, GWB only was going to have protection for 4 years after his term, but congress reverted the law to lifetime protection.

You can easily change the law to not apply to those who are imprisoned in the federal system.

He’s not some sort of god emperor that gets protection via birthright.

• ddh
    link
    fedilink
    English
    205 months ago

I suppose his skin fades back to a pasty white and we see what kind of creature his hair really is

• squiblet
    link
    fedilink
    165 months ago

I’m we can’t get that, could we at least get some photos of him without the stupid orange crap on his face? It’s so ridiculous that manly men, salt of the earth, toxic masculinity people who wouldn’t be caught dead with makeup on worship this guy who wouldn’t dream of leaving the house without smearing his face in bronzer.

• squiblet
        link
        fedilink
        85 months ago

I suppose I’m still haunted by that one photo of him, I think on some golf day, where he looked like a demented elf. It was going around for a while but I had a hard time finding it last time I looked.

• nomad
    link
    fedilink
    165 months ago

Priaon for rich people is usually house arrest or low security resort prison. In trumps case I would wager he will get house arrest to mar-a-lago und golf out hia days with all kinds of political friends dropping by all the time kissing his ass.