Activision has published the first teaser trailer for the new installment in the Call of Duty series, Modern Warfare 3 that will be released next November on PC and consoles.

• @Ab_intra
    link
    English
    811 months ago

OMG how many of these games are they going to make lol

• KroninJ
      link
      fedilink
      English
      311 months ago

If they remake Black Ops 1, I may shit myself. I put so many hours into that game and would happily do it again, if done well.

• Braggston08
    link
    fedilink
    411 months ago

I played modern warfare II for the first time some weeks ago. It really took me some time to find where the campaign can be started. a whole bunch of ads for Season pass, dlc bundle and other shit filled the whole screen. IDK about the multiplayer but the campaign was pretty lackluster. 2/10 wouldnt play again ^^

• @whataboutshutup
    link
    English
    211 months ago

The design of this preview is more Wolfenstein or Unreal 3 than MW digital greenish style.

• sj_zero
    link
    fedilink
    211 months ago

I could swear there was already a modern warfare 3? Or is this another berenstain bears moment?

• @Pinecone@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      411 months ago

There was in 2011 but the recent ones are essentially remakes using the some of the familiar characters in a new storyline and of course new multiplayer systems.

• @whataboutshutup
      link
      English
      211 months ago

Yes, it was. There were remasters of old MW 1 and 2 recently. So I don’t know if it’s another remaster or a new game. They’ve got a very confusing naming lately

• @klyde@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      -111 months ago

Did you miss the remade Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 somehow? This is the same exact thing happening.

• @Crystal_Shards64@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    211 months ago

It kinda irks me that they said that they wouldn’t make another game for this year. And then still made another game for this year lol.

Idk I didn’t enjoy MW 2022 as much as MW2019.