Can anyone else upload photos anymore? I haven’t been able to do so in days. Is it an error with imagemagick? I keep getting some error that flashes briefly about exceeding maximum dimensions, but I used to upload just fine. Weird. Just asking, since I can’t seem to post photos at all anwhere on discuss.online. I can try on another instance, just to see what’s going on…

• @biffnixOPM
      link
      English
      110 months ago

Okay, trying to reply with image…

• @biffnixOPM
        link
        English
        110 months ago

Hmm. I tried “Reply” -ing to this message with another image link, but it fails. I just get the spinning icon for a few seconds, then nothing…

• jgrim of SublinksMA
          link
          310 months ago

I’ll see if I can find anything in the logs. They’re very noisy so It might be difficult. Any details or a copy of the image will help. I’m assuming it’s either resolution limits or file size.

• @biffnixOPM
            link
            English
            110 months ago

hello@discuss.online

Okay, just sent the sample image that isn’t working (it’s not the only one that isn’t working, but it for sure is the one failing every time).

• jgrim of SublinksMA
              link
              110 months ago

I’m seeing the error

{“data”:{“msg”:“Exceeded maximum dimensions”,“files”:null},“state”:“success”}

Let me see what these are currently set to. I’d recommend you reduce the resolution of the image and try again.

This also pops up when trying on the site. You may not see it in the bottom corner.

• @biffnixOPM
      link
      English
      110 months ago

I don’t know why some images will upload, but others will not. This one worked, but other images I tried uploading will not work. Very strange behavior.

• jgrim of SublinksMA
        link
        English
        110 months ago

Can you email the image to hello@discuss.online?

I’ll try it while watching logs and see if I can’t figure it out.

• @biffnixOPM
    link
    English
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Odd. I can’t post any photo if I try to “Create a Post” either in the Upload image field, nor can I upload if I create a blank post, then try to upload an image in the body of that blank message.

When i try to use the Upload an Image in the “Create Post” interface, I can choose the file, then it fails with the red banner in the lower left, saying something about image dimensions exceed limit. I didn’t have that issue when I hit “Reply” to the photo you posted. That seemed to have worked just fine.

But, if I try to Create a post with a photo, it fails with the red banner warning on image dimensions, and if I try to Create a Post with just text, then try to edit it later and insert a photo, that fails with NO message or error indication of any kind. It just spins the icon for a bit, then returns to the text interface for the body of the message.

Bummer, as I love uploading photos.

Oh, this is in the web interface on Firefox on MacOS Monterey, 12.6.8. It fails the same way on Firefox on the Ventura beta as well. It also fails identically using both Safari and Chrome on those OSes.

I tried uploading from the Memmy app in iOS, but it fails with no error when uploading images. Just FYI.

• jgrim of SublinksMA
    link
    110 months ago

It appears to be working for me. Is it the same photo that is failing or all photos?

• jgrim of SublinksMA
    link
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Here are the current limits

max_width = 10000px
    max_height = 10000px
    max_area = 40000000px
    max_file_size = 40MB

• @biffnixOPM
      link
      English
      110 months ago

Weird. The image I sent to you is well within these limits:

• jgrim of SublinksMA
        link
        110 months ago

Well 8192*5464 = 44761088. The max square is 40000000. I can increase that later.

• jgrim of SublinksMA
        link
        110 months ago

I’ll look at it closer when I return home. I’ve been out of town all week. Perhaps the defaults aren’t as they say.