• @emptyother@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    8215 days ago

And if he doesn’t, thats a “loss” for some reason. Nothing is actually lost mind you, there is no 7.5 trillion pounds of baby meat in a dump somewhere.

• Final Remix
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      15 days ago

Nevertheless, we’ve fired the CEO and given him 6 billion pounds of baby meat for failing.

• lad
      link
      fedilink
      English
      1215 days ago

It was a loss because the CEO had already received an MBO in percentage of planned growth

• @takeda@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        615 days ago

Reminds me of the Reddit CEO who was sobbing that Reddit is not profitable (and that’s why they had to block 3rd party apps) while receiving a $200 million salary.

• lad
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    15 days ago

My calculations show that around the age of 80 he will be massive enough to turn earth into a black hole if evenly distributed onto its volume

Edit: actually by the age of 30, because I misread the current age to be 12 months

• @Scubus@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      415 days ago

If that’s with it evenly distributed, then with all that weight as a virtual point source due to the difference in size between the baby and Earth, wouldn’t the baby collapse to its roche limit even faster? And as long as it’s not a kuggleblitz (that’s def not spelled right) black hole it would quickly consume the Earth and grow even larger, right?

• lad
        link
        fedilink
        English
        315 days ago

Yes, but then we would better use human body density to determine the size of an object, it’s not going to be realistically (lol) a point source anyway and will take longer to become a black hole, I think 🤔

• @Treczoks@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    1915 days ago

They also expects if a woman can give birth to a baby in nine months, nine women only need one month to “produce” a baby. Or even just eight or seven women, because of synergy effects.

• mechoman444
    link
    fedilink
    English
    1815 days ago

These people think the only kind of growth is exponential.

• lad
      link
      fedilink
      English
      715 days ago

Because they don’t know anything that grows faster than exponential, and anything that grows slower doesn’t look as good in the reports

• mechoman444
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        15 days ago

Slower growth is worse than faster growth. I want 10 million next week not next year.

This kind of capitalism is a disease.

• @radicalautonomy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    15 days ago

6 lbs., 13 oz. at birth for anyone wondering.

7.5 trillion = 7.5x10^12

40 three-month intervals in 10 years

P = Pounds at birth

P x 2^40 = 7.5x10^40

P = 7.5x10^40 / 2^40

P ≈ 6.82 lbs.

P ≈ 6 lbs., 13 oz.