• @jet@hackertalks.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    20 days ago

I know it’s a joke, but take everything that is part of the mess, and put it in boxes. Only unpack what you need to use, and eventually you’ll be left with your minimum working set, and a bunch of boxes you can either store or give away

Honestly, the clutter is not too bad in this video, just limited table space and a bunch of needs to be stored items. But there’s no crazy amounts of chaos

The LTT cable ties are pretty cool, but you can make them super cheap just get double-sided Velcro strips from AliExpress, and a bunch of neodymium magnets and you can do the same thing for pennies per unit

• @infinitevalenceM
      link
      English
      219 days ago

My apologies for not getting to this sooner, Juno is now banned because it was worthless conversation and did not keep within our very simple and basic rules.

As for hoop & loop w/ magnets, I would prefer to 3D print and use magnets but thats because I am a 3d printer nerd too. I can understand buying this cable management if you dont have the skills or interest in making your own, but outside of that cable management just does not require a dedicated product IMO.

• @jet@hackertalks.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        19 days ago

I think the one really cool innovation for magnetic plastic clips is just ease of adding things in and out to your wire runs. Massively reconfigurable. Even velco loops it’s going to take a couple seconds to put things in and out.

It’s a pretty niche use case, but they look cool, they’re just priced way too high for my budget. Printing them would make a lot more sense. But given loops are supposed to be out of the way anyway, the Velcro works just as well, and it’s not visible.

Honestly however if it were up to me every room would have an overhead cable run!

• @jet@hackertalks.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        20 days ago

Sure! What would you like to know about my cable management or lack there of?

I like to use double-sided Velcro straps, cuz they’re very cheap, and you can tie them to poles, railings under desks, etc

I use under desk wire trays, they’re real rats nests, but they’re not so visible.

I suppose my biggest rat’s nest issue is I like to have real cables for everything, not using radio, not using Bluetooth, not using Wi-Fi. Less interference but more cables to manage