This is the c/startrek discussion thread for “Into the Breach” - join the conversation in the replies!

Loglines

Part I: Dal and his friends board Janeway’s starship to investigate the wormhole created by the Protostar. Tired of his training, Dal longs for some action.

Part II: Gwyn runs into a familiar foe on the planet Solum. Janeway reveals the true stakes of their mission to Dal and his friends.

Part I written by: Kevin Hageman & Dan Hageman

Part I directed by: Ben Hibon

Part II written by: Aaron J. Waltke

Part II directed by: Patrick Krebs and Andrew L. Schmidt

• Value SubtractedOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    34 days ago

Of all the possible references to legacy characters they could have made, Edward Larkin was not on my Bingo card…

All in all, I think it’s a pretty good setup for a season. Time travel nonsense is a pretty big swing for a kids’ show, so I’m curious to see how it all plays out.

I think making Dal have a hard time adjusting to student life and not being at the centre of the action makes a lot of sense. As much as he clearly has room to grow, I wonder if there will ever be an opportunity for Starfleet to tailor their material to his personal learning style.

• @End0fLine@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    45 days ago

I probably should have made comments while watching the episodes, as I’m sure I am forgetting a lot of details, but Prodigy seems to have picked up where it left off with regard to the quality of its episodes.

• Handles
    link
    fedilink
    English
    46 days ago

People seem to have really strong opinions about this show, seeing how every episode discussion is evenly up- and downvoted before anybody have even had a chance to watch or comment 🙄

• SysAdmin
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      5 days ago

The downvotes are all coming from accounts on other instances, which as @ValueSubtracted@startrek.website suggested, makes us think it’s most likely people browsing “All” and not appreciating seeing twenty discussion posts (not that that justifies it).

• Value SubtractedOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      66 days ago

A disturbing number of people seem to be unwilling or unable to curate their feed.