I was a big fan of the GPD Win 1 and 2, and I was disappointed GPD abandoned the clamshell design. For many reasons I think it’s better than the tablet design that the newer Win, ROG Ally, Steam Deck etc have, but I guess it’s just harder to make. And with the Win Mini having the newest Ryzen APUs, it will blow the Win 2 out of the water in performance. We’ll finally have a capable clamshell UMPC!

My only concerns are the size/weight and the price, but I suppose you can’t have everything. I probably won’t afford to get it on IGG but at least it’s being made at all and I can hopefully get it eventually hah

P.S. Hi Dax looks like I’m the only person in this sub (or whatever it’s called on this platform) besides you lol. I just joined Lemmy. Hello!

• @Dax87@forum.stellarcastle.netM
    link
    fedilink
    311 months ago

I really love the 1 and 2 designs. I only was introduced to GPD when the first GPD Win Max came out, so I missed out. I was hoping that the GPD Win Mini would be as small as the 1 or 2 (was willing to take a compromise on the specs for it). But I think the GPD Win Mini is going to be awesome. I feel like it’s the golden age of handheld x86 gaming, and I love that we have all these different options that can fit all sorts of preferences.

And welcome! :) We have just around 135 subscribers as of this writing, and growing! We’re glad to have you!!