I finished Fool Moon by Jim Butcher, and started The Last White Man by Mohsin Hamid. It’s a thin book, and I am almost at the end.

The book is interesting, though I didn’t like the writing style much, but I guess it suits the story, the way it’s told.

What about you? What have you been reading?

Edit: So, I made this post 2 days ago, but turned out there was some issue between lemmy.world and discuss.online so my posts and comments weren’t showing up here. It seems the issue is resolved now. So, that’s why the date is 2 days old, and thread is posted late.

• @giriinthejungle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I am reading The Notes from the Underground by Dostoyevski and The Road by McCarthy. I had the The Road in the queue since he passed away but the book breaks my heart. Recently finished Jane Eyre. Really disliked that one.

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I haven’t read many of the classics, but I read Jane Eyre, and I remember liking it. There was one part of the novel that I didn’t like, but other than that I think I enjoyed the read.

The Road has been highly recommended, but it looks like a very depressing book, so haven’t gotten around to reading it yet. Maybe, one day.

How are you liking The Notes from the Underground?