I finished Fool Moon by Jim Butcher, and started The Last White Man by Mohsin Hamid. It’s a thin book, and I am almost at the end.

The book is interesting, though I didn’t like the writing style much, but I guess it suits the story, the way it’s told.

What about you? What have you been reading?

Edit: So, I made this post 2 days ago, but turned out there was some issue between lemmy.world and discuss.online so my posts and comments weren’t showing up here. It seems the issue is resolved now. So, that’s why the date is 2 days old, and thread is posted late.

• @scaredofplanes@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    211 months ago

I finished Small Mercies by Dennis Lehane, which was an enjoyable read. He’s a great writer and a great plotter. This book is very much in the vein of what he does, but he changed the perspective around and it works. It isn’t his best book, but it’s refreshing.

I started The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera. I’ve never read anything by him before but I’ve always heard about this book. Finally picked it up, and it’s very early going, but I love what I’ve read so far. I’m going to end up having more to say about this book.

I’m listening to The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. I read it in hardcover sometime not that long after it came out, but it’s fun revisiting it. I remember the writing differently than it sounds.

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      211 months ago

I have heard a lot about Dennis Lehane, would have to read him soon. The Historian also looks pretty interesting, adding it to my list.

Would love to heart moe about The Unbearable Lightness of Being once you have finished it.