I finished Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir. Loved the book. There was lots of science, but it was explained well enough that it wasn’t an issue. There were also certain things which may not feel very probable, but it’s a science fiction, so I didn’t care about that, but I can see some people having problem with that.

Started a manga, Jujutsu Kaisen, Volume 1. Just started it yesterday, after finishing Project Hail Mary, and have almost finished it. I have read a couple of small manga before, but it’s my first physical one, so enjoying that. Though, when I got it, I didn’t realise JJK is still an on-going series. Personally I prefer something that has finished. Ah well, already started it, so just going to read them slowly now.

Still reading The Bullet Journal Method by Ryder Carroll. The book has been a lot more helpful that I expected it to be. I never thought about the “why” part much, at least haven’t done so in a while. So, all the talk about mindfulness and chapters about living the intentional life are helpful.

What about you guys? What have you been reading?

• InfiniteGlitch
    link
    fedilink
    English
    410 months ago

Finishing up “Before Coffee Gets Cold” (40 pages left or so).

Debating which next book to buy:

• The Silent Patient
    • The Traveling Cat
    • The Cat who saved books
    • Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine
    • @PDFuego@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      410 months ago

I read The Silent Patient earlier this year. I have no idea how it got such great reviews, most of the plot was a series of loose threads that were completely ignored afterwards, and anything that wasn’t was a plot hole. I can honestly say it was the worst book I’ve ever actually finished.

So read it and let us know how it goes :)

• @dresdenOPM
        link
        English
        210 months ago

At least this would let them temper their expectations. 😀

• @TheMinions@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      410 months ago

Ah I recently purchased the cat who saved books but haven’t touched it yet. It’s next on my list after I wrap up the Mistborn Trilogy.

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Just going by the names (and without knowing anything about what the books are), I would vote for “The Cat Who Saved Books”!

Going to look up all of these, all these titles sound interesting.

Edit: Forgot to ask, how are you liking “Before Coffee Gets Cold”? The premise is pretty interesting.

• InfiniteGlitch
        link
        fedilink
        English
        410 months ago

I really like the book but it is a sad one - in a good way. It makes me think what I would do, if it was possible to travel back in time.

I will definitely get the other books of it at some point in time (there are 4 books in total).

• @dresdenOPM
          link
          English
          210 months ago

Thanks for the feedback. I would try to get the first one and see how I like it.