Just today, when I start Voyager the interface appears and then disappears leaving a black screen.

I’ve tried restarting the phone and force quitting the app.

Re-install next.

• @FelipeFelop
    link
    English
    edit-2
    10 months ago

This is interesting,

Can add my Beehaw.org account okay. Everything works but if I then add my discuss.online account I get an instant blank screen. But Beehaw is also on 0.18.4

I re-installed and added a test feddit.uk account which worked perfectly and again as soon as I added discuss.online the screen goes blank.

It must be something about discuss.online or a post in the feed. Someone else mentioned a photo causing a crash to the communities list. Perhaps it’s something to do with that?

Edit: successfully added the discuss.online account to Memmy.

• @wiase
        link
        English
        310 months ago

Ah. I’m also on discuss.online

• @FelipeFelop
          link
          English
          310 months ago

They did some investigation and it seems to be a Lemmy change in 0.18.4 versions that will be incorporated in 0.19. Some 3rd party apps don’t seem to work with it and will need updating.

• @FelipeFelop
            link
            English
            edit-2
            10 months ago

@aeharding@lemmy.world does this look like an easy fix? Im not finding an alternative client that works as well as Voyager normally does.

I’m told that more instances have upgraded so this problem will spread. Once updated they can’t roll back.