Just today, when I start Voyager the interface appears and then disappears leaving a black screen.

I’ve tried restarting the phone and force quitting the app.

Re-install next.

• @wiase
    link
    English
    edit-2
    10 months ago

I have the same issue with Voyager on Android. Starts normally, briefly shows the UI but then everything disappears and I am left with a white screen.

Also already re-installed. Doesn’t change anything.

• @FelipeFelop@feddit.ukOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      310 months ago

Yes I now have a white screen. Think it depends if you are in light or dark mode.

Noticed on the iOS app that if you Force Touch or long hold the screen a pill shape appears that you can drag around the screen as though you were dragging and dropping something.

link
    fedilink
    English
    410 months ago

Well this is weird. Uninstalled and re-installed. All was okay with the default Lemmy.world profile. Logged into my account and the screen goes black.

It was working fine this morning so I don’t know what could have changed ?

link
      fedilink
      English
      410 months ago

So this is also happening with the PWA.

However, if I put my iPhone into Flight Mode then Voyager opens and doesn’t crash (but there’s no content)

So it looks like something it’s trying to display is causing it to crash.

• @aeharding@lemmy.worldM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          210 months ago

Hmm, I haven’t experienced this! Maybe it has to do with a specific instance? Can you still replicate it? Thanks!

• @FelipeFelop
            link
            English
            210 months ago

Welcome back hope you had a good time.

Yes, it’s happening every time. One more report from an Android user. If I try on a slow internet connection, I can see that it gets as far as loading the bottom bar with an out of date notification count and then the screen goes blank.

Signed in with my discuss.online account which is on 0.18.4 beta 8.

Was working okay and the. Just stopped.

I’ll try using my Beehaw account and see what happens

• @FelipeFelop
              link
              English
              edit-2
              10 months ago

This is interesting,

Can add my Beehaw.org account okay. Everything works but if I then add my discuss.online account I get an instant blank screen. But Beehaw is also on 0.18.4

I re-installed and added a test feddit.uk account which worked perfectly and again as soon as I added discuss.online the screen goes blank.

It must be something about discuss.online or a post in the feed. Someone else mentioned a photo causing a crash to the communities list. Perhaps it’s something to do with that?

Edit: successfully added the discuss.online account to Memmy.

• @GregorGizeh@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    10 months ago

I experienced a similar issue loading certain images, it opens it for a second then crashes me back to the feed selection after a black screen for a second or two.

• @FelipeFelop
    link
    English
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Just to sum up the issue.

There has been a change in Lemmy (from 0.18.4.8 onwards) that is causing Voyager and Jerboa not to work.

The consensus seems to be that Voyager and Jerboa will need to update or as instances upgrade they will stop working.

Edit: Sync also now confirmed to be affected. Edit: Liftoff! Also affected.

Edit: 13/09/23 Liftoff! Have an instance to test an RC against. Sync seem to have a fix or at least to give an error message.

Edit: Voyager has been updated. I can go back to my favourite client. Thank you, thank you.