I am posting this from Lemmy World. Discuss Online is causing Jerboa to crash when I open it. Opening to a different instance resolves the issue.

• FavrionOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        110 months ago

Oh, thanks. I can’t really look at it because the instance doesn’t open on the app.

• @kenvald
          link
          English
          310 months ago

Hah sorry, I should’ve thought of that. Long story short: This instance is running on latest Lemmy beta version. Lemmy made a recent change to the beta version which breaks 3rd party apps like Jerboa. DO tried to rollback their version but it failed. We now have to wait until the 3rd party apps release an update that works with Lemmy beta(or future v0.19 when released).

The most recent update from instance owners saying the same thing:

After some additional digging through the Lemmy diff for beta.5 to beta.8 (and then looking through the PRs that were merged to create this diff), the issue is indeed with the Lemmy code and is even called out in one of the PRs,. What this means is that the 3rd party clients that are not able to access the site will need to update their code to fix things on their side (or else they will be broken when v0.19 is released and all other instances update to it).