• @Mchugho@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    09 months ago

Indoors maybe. People really have a warped idea of how much smoke they're inhaling in outdoor scenarios, unless they're literally blowing it in your face from centimetres away it's not doing anything.

• @Gabu@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      9 months ago

You may not know it because you're a smoker (smokers' noses are completely and irreparably fucked), but normal people can tell a cigarette was lit in a 10 meter radius, even on a windy day.

• @AeroLemming@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        29 months ago

Hell, I can still smell smoke strongly enough to make me breath lightly because of how bad it smells even if the smoker is gone. That shit lingers.

• @Mchugho@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          19 months ago

We're talking about the outdoors. That shit dissipates rapidly following an inverse square law.

• @Mchugho@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        9 months ago

I'm not a smoker.

There is a difference between smelling and inhaling enough smoke to do any sort of real damage.

The fact you think they're exactly the same thing is exactly the point.

I bet you think you can get high from sitting next to a weed smoker as well.

Let's be honest, people just hate smoking and want to get rid of it.

• @Anamana@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      9 months ago

I'm surprised they can still walk around outside, when there are literally cars everywhere. Those are killing way more people on 'second hand' exposure than tobacco.