Not much from my side. I am still reading Chloe Marr by A. A. Milne. It's an interesting book, even though I am missing every "pop reference" of plays etc. Someone who get those references would probably enjoy it a lot more.

What about all of you? What have you been reading (or listening) lately?

• @dresdenOPM
    link
    English
    19 months ago

just sci-fi and big robots with lasers

That's not just! That's high literature for some of us! 😀

Just looked it up, there are more than 100 tie-in novels. Is there any standalone series in it, that you can read? Or starting from the first one and starting in published order is the way.

• @dresdenOPM
        link
        English
        19 months ago

Thanks for the recommendations!

• @Sparrow_1029@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      29 months ago

Love your username—I really wish Jim Butcher would finish the final Dresden books! The Mechwarrior: Dark Age novels can be read without the other ones I think…

A friend has recommended both the Blood of Kerensky and Gray Death Legion trilogies in the BattleTech series—which should be standalone?—and I'm looking forward to reading them as well!

• @dresdenOPM
        link
        English
        19 months ago

Thanks. Jim Butcher seems to be getting back into his groove. His book 2 of Cinder Spires is releasing this year, and plans are for releasing next Dresden files book next year. Though, there are still many books in the series, so it may take 5-6 years at the very least.

Thanks for the recommendations, going to check them out.