Notifications are a pain point:

giving people the ability to curate their notifications. Notifications are what’s driving them nuts. Not posts, not even the technology of Mastodon – it’s replies from assholes.

They need notifications grouped, they really do. Hell, I want that enough that I mostly look at replies from my phone, where I have an ap that groups them.

They need to be able to turn on something like Twitter’s old “quality replies” filter, which served as a junk filter, and a block against pointless below-ban-level negging.

And they need to be able to do it at scale, because if you have 100,000 followers, you can’t reasonably do it one at a time. It’s simply not possible.

• @ericjmoreyOP
    link
    English
    edit-2
    7 months ago

I understand that ubermeisters has been confrontational and that’s annoying as fuck. But your reply, even with clear good intentions, feeds the negativity with its tone. Had you not included the second sentence, you would have gotten your message across clearly without negativity. I get it though, ubermeisters attitude does them no favors and is irritating. Sometimes is best to just let it go and maybe even block people who aren’t a positive influence to your own mental health.

Hope you’re well today.