Oh, this got delayed a bit.

I am still reading Valour’s Choice by Tanya Huff. Book 1 of Confederation series. Almost near the end though. Enjoying the book a lot.

What about all of you? What have you been reading or listening?

• @HotPurplePeach@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    24 months ago

Exactly! Tastes differ. But that makes me vary of recommendations and I end up second guessing every 5 star review. Who knows how many good books I passed up 😅

• theghostie
      link
      fedilink
      24 months ago

I try not to pay a ton of attention to reviews for the reason, for books and movies. Sometimes I’ll check afterward for something I enjoyed and find that it’s not well reviewed. Maybe I have trash taste 😅

• @HotPurplePeach@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        24 months ago

Lets say you have a refined taste 😉 sometimes what’s most highly rated is boring stuff intended for the mass audience. For example, I stopped watching USA movies and very rarely see a USA series because I don’t enjoy it at all. It has great reviews, but doesn’t interest me, and that’s ok. I’d say that people who like it have a bad taste, and they would say I have a bad taste. Lets just say we have different interests 😅

• theghostie
          link
          fedilink
          14 months ago

Haha yes, we can go with “refined!” Though these days I find myself reaching for books that are more fun than literary.