Finished Dark Moon by David Gemell. Ending was a bit quick, and left a bit to be desired, but overall I enjoyed the book, and would try some more of his work.

Reading The Better Part of Valour by Tania Huff, book 2 of Confederation. It’s a next military mission in the life of our protagonist, but rest of the whole cast is changed, would be interesting to see if that happens every time or we get old faces next time.

Also started Your Money or Your Life : 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship With Money and Achieving Financial Independence by Vicki Robin / Joe Dominguez. It was highly recommended on reddit’s financial independence subs, so when I recently saw someone had a copy, borrowed it right away. I am still on first chapter, so can’t say much at all, but it seems interesting.

What about all of you? What have you been reading or listening?

• @brenticus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    25 months ago

Just started A Film in Which I Play Everyone by Mary Jo Bang this morning. It’s a short poetry book, pretty good so far and I’ll probably blast through it today.

After that… I left On Liberty and Fellowship of the Ring unfinished at the end of last year and I should really finish those up. Both really good, both just got left at the bedside for a while for no reason, as is tradition.

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      15 months ago

How would say it is for a complete poetry newbie?

Good luck with finishing your bedside books! 😀

• @brenticus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        25 months ago

Thanks!

I’d say that most modern poetry (at least as far as I’ve read) is basically fine for newbies. Like, if you enjoy or dislike something hard on vague vibes without any deep analysis of understanding there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s super subjective anyways, even more than normal taste in books.

This one sort of has this lonely, surreal streak to it. Melancholic, almost nostalgic at times. If that sounds interesting to you then check it out and see how it matches your taste!

• @dresdenOPM
          link
          English
          15 months ago

Thanks for the info! Will check it out!