Finished Dark Moon by David Gemell. Ending was a bit quick, and left a bit to be desired, but overall I enjoyed the book, and would try some more of his work.

Reading The Better Part of Valour by Tania Huff, book 2 of Confederation. It’s a next military mission in the life of our protagonist, but rest of the whole cast is changed, would be interesting to see if that happens every time or we get old faces next time.

Also started Your Money or Your Life : 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship With Money and Achieving Financial Independence by Vicki Robin / Joe Dominguez. It was highly recommended on reddit’s financial independence subs, so when I recently saw someone had a copy, borrowed it right away. I am still on first chapter, so can’t say much at all, but it seems interesting.

What about all of you? What have you been reading or listening?

• @runjun@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    25 months ago

I just finished Blood Music by Greg Bear and really enjoyed it. I believe I saw the recommendation on lemmy so thanks to whomever recommended it.

I’d like to see it adapted to a show or movie by someone who could capture the more grotesque portions. But I feel like the unique aspects would be lost in translation and it would end up feeling derivative of the genre.

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      25 months ago

Blood Music looks interesting, going to add it to my list.

What are planning to pick up next?

• @runjun@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        15 months ago

I just started Tai-Pan by James Clavell. I read Shogun within in the last year and really enjoyed that. I didn’t start this right away because I heard it was part of Clavell’s trilogy but didn’t realize it wasn’t a continuous story so that disappointed me. But I’m over that now so now I can enjoy this story for what it is without that baggage.