• mozingo
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 month ago

Where are you getting this information? I see that the Duffer Brothers were still on as producers and writers for season 2.

What I am reading is that they originally intended for the show to be a one-off or an anthology, but once they realized that they had a massive success, one that relied heavily on the likability of the kids, they changed their mind and started working on a sequel. Season 2 sucks because they were never intending on making it, and had a time crunch. With the later seasons though, they’ve known they were going to make them for years, and they had time to write better interconnected stories, so they’ve been improving with season 4 and hopefully 5.

• @OpenStars
      link
      English
      11 month ago

Really? I recalled reading an article about season 2, when I tried to look up wtf happened bc season 2 was just so shockingly bad, and incongruously so seeing at how great season 1 was. Their relationship must have just been strained but not broken, or the article could have been making shit up, or perhaps over time I’ve misremembered things. But I definitely recalled how one or more likely both of them wanted to use puppets (in season 1) but then had to make that mess of a CGI crap monster in season 2 - as you say for the sake of the deadline (aka profits over the integrity of the storytelling process, if they could have taken the time to have done it right).