Does ice cream look better in a cone? Sure. But that’s it. If you order it from a restaurant or shop, eating it in a cone feels rushed. With a cup, you can take it home with you and put it in the freezer and save it for later if you want. I would even argue that you will get more ice cream from a cup than there is in a cone. Also, in a cup, you can add toppings more effectively in the ice cream and mix them up in a better way than in a cone. Another thing, cups are less messy. Ice cream always runs the risk of melting in general, but atleast with a cup you have a smaller chance of it dripping on your hands and clothes.

• @ChicoSuave@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    4024 days ago

eating it in a cone feels rushed.

Ice cream is a rare treat that is enjoyed on its own terms. It does not wait. It does not idle. It knows what it wants and expects passion. Dallying leaves a miserable soup of what was a promise of refreshment. Embrace the urge, live for the rush.

• Caveman
    link
    fedilink
    English
    1824 days ago

Upvote because I disagree hard. Ice cream you buy from a place is meant to be a moment of happiness and indulgence instead of it being a weird “save it for later”. It’s a fleeting joy in the chaos of life.

Besides that, the crunch is nice. Chocolate coat on the inside of the waffle cone is also just good

• @foggy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    1524 days ago

The last bite of a standard sugar cone is by far the best bite of ice cream. So I must disagree.

• volvoxvsmarla
    link
    fedilink
    English
    1224 days ago

With a cup, you can take it home with you and put it in the freezer and save it for later if you want.

This is on the verge of psychopathy but you get my upvote for sure.

Man, your freezer is like -18°C, gelateria ice cream is way warmer. You would so ruin ice cream by putting it in your freezer. Also why would you even do that?! If you want ice cream at home go buy it in the store, that stuff is made for long term storage. Eat it later my ass.

I theoretically agree with you because I don’t like to eat cones but I also like the aesthetics more, it’s at least a trash free option, and you can push a stroller/hold your toddler etc with a cone in your hand. But we are talking about eating the ice cream outside. I literally live across an amazing gelateria and never have I ever considered taking that ice cream home like a maniac. I’d rather stand outside my apartment and finish that ice cream than taking it inside.

Have my upvote, you deserve it.

• @lriv724OP
      link
      English
      724 days ago

That actually sounds amazing but I feel like it would get soggy because I forgot it was still made of cone lmao (me problem).

• Mister Neon
    link
    fedilink
    English
    824 days ago

eating it in a cone feels rushed.

I live for the rush. You’re putting the ice cream back in the freezer and I’m making sure it’s going into the old gullet.

• @RebekahWSD@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    624 days ago

I eat my ice cream from a tea cup.

Because it keeps me from eating too much at once, and it has a little handle to hold it by so my hand heat doesn’t melt it so fast!

• @wheeldawg@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    423 days ago

Regular comes can suck it. Waffle comes are so superior, and it’s not even close.

That said I prefer it when it’s filled just a little over the to of the cone. Too much more than that and I’ll probably need a bowl for safety.

With how the place I usually go fills it, it’s close every time. It’s a race to the bottom and while I sometimes lose the race, I always win. Because ice cream was involved.

• @Pulptastic@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    422 days ago

Different use cases. If you want a bunch of toppings, yeah a cup is better. Comes are more mobile and only require one hand so are better for walking around or driving.

A third option, shakes, has entered the chat. Also mobile, but can have toppings too as long as they’ll fit through a straw. Bonus points for not getting all over your hands or face.

I guess my point is, por que no los tres?

• @atrielienz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    324 days ago

I would rather have the cone separate. Especially a waffle cone. And I have never been a fan of sugar cones. So I suppose I’m with you on the cup experience.

• @sbv@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    324 days ago

You are correct. If I’m at a store, I dislike the amount of waste a bowl/spoon adds, but it’s a better experience.

• @we_avoid_temptation@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    324 days ago

In a dish (with syrup of some sort If possible) and a sugar or waffle cone on top or on the side of you don’t plan to eat it all immediately. The best of all possible worlds IMO.

• Adderbox76
    link
    fedilink
    English
    324 days ago

Doing anything except eating it directly out of the tub just seems like the worst possible study in delayed gratification. I don’t have time for bowls, or cones. When I want my ice cream, I want it now.

• Magicalus
      link
      fedilink
      English
      124 days ago

True, but using a bowl if you share the ice cream with other people is a must.

• Adderbox76
        link
        fedilink
        English
        224 days ago

What’s this “sharing” thing you’re talking about. I’ve never heard that word…