• @Maalus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    26 hours ago

Tldr research shows it isn’t but some people don’t like it and misuse / misquote studies that dealt with constant neglect / stress and apply them to an hour before the kid falls asleep and is crying.

• @HerbSolo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    7 hours ago

When my partner and I started discussing sleep training, we were wondering whether it was a neutral choice for our son (like using formula or a pacifier)

What a strange thing to say. Both have been shown to have a number of disadvantages.

The fact that there’s not a lot of data supporting the notion of sleep training being harmful is interesting, but still: What a way to start an article about scientific thinking.

• @ericjmorey
    link
    English
    19 hours ago

This might be my favorite post in this community to date.

• @GBU_28@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      10 hours ago

Agree, just make a static site. on mobile I had to keep scrolling multiple times to make all the animations happen

• @vatlark@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      31 day ago

I’m reading on a phone and I really thought the article style was cool. Maybe it was novelty but I liked that I could scroll quickly through it, or I could click on each data point.

• @C126@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      22 days ago

All seems too harsh. On mobile it was OK, probably made it easier to scroll through and read the whole thing without adhd kicking in.