I cannot see comments made by lemmy.world instance when logged in to discuss.online. Not sure if any other instances are affected this way. I also cannot search some communities. I have not figured out a pattern. I wonder if it is intentional. Here is an example: https://discuss.online/post/202378. There are a few comments under the post, but I do not see them.

• @ericjmorey
    link
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Federation of messages is limited to communities in which at least one account on a Lemmy instance has subscribed to on another instance. At that point, only new posts and comments of that community will be federated.

• jgrim of SublinksMA
    link
    English
    41 year ago

Thanks for highlighting this. I’m looking into it now!

• jgrim of SublinksMA
      link
      English
      31 year ago

If you search for the comment’s federation link (Example: https://lemmy.world/comment/728524) you can pull the comments locally.

It appears that by searching for each of the comments, I could pull them down. This makes be believe it’s not an issue with sync but an issue with broadcast.

I’ll keep looking into this; that specific thread has been pulled down for now. Let me know if you need help pulling any more down.

Just by pasting the full URL of any Lemmy page or link, you can fetch it locally on the search page: https://discuss.online/search

• @sk4k2kOP
        link
        English
        31 year ago

I think same applies to communities. I was not able to find this community in “search,” so I had to modify the URL to directly point to it to see it.

• @sk4k2kOP
        link
        English
        11 year ago

Thank you for looking into it! FYI, the upvotes value for the post if off too.

• jgrim of SublinksMA
          link
          English
          11 year ago

It looks like lemmy.world was all experiencing a DDoS attack. So some things didn’t sync well—some things we’ll have to trigger to sync manually.

I will work on a solution for this to pull down missing content. Until that’s done, we’ll have to manually “search” for URLs to sync data.

• @sk4k2kOP
            link
            English
            11 year ago

Thank you for the update! I created that community over a month ago, and the post was submitted 15 days ago. I’ve been seeing the issue ever since, just decided to report it now.

• jgrim of SublinksMA
              link
              English
              11 year ago

lemmy.world has been overloaded and the victim of a lot of attacks, unfortunately. It’s created some funky behavior. Hopefully, what I make can help resolve it. It will take me a bit to wrap up though.

• @sk4k2kOP
                link
                English
                11 year ago

Got it. I heard about it, hoping thing would improve after Lemmy 0.18 update. Thank you again for the quick reply and for setting up the instance!

• jgrim of SublinksMA
                  link
                  English
                  21 year ago

Thanks for being part of it! I hope it’s neve plagued with the same issues.