• Grammaton Cleric
    link
    fedilink
    English
    725 months ago

What decade can I expect to stop hearing about that dumbass movie or any echo of it?

• ares35
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      5 months ago

if the films go as planned, the fifth one will hit theaters late 2031, he has ‘ideas’ for two more after that.

and then you’d have the 30th anniversary re-re-release of a re-re-remastered first one… so, maybe, the 2060s?

• @WarmSoda@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        65 months ago

Did the fourth one come out already? I honestly have no idea if I missed it or if it’s somehow still not released yet.

• stankmut
          link
          fedilink
          English
          225 months ago

The second movie came out in 2022 and the third one doesn’t come out until 2025.

• @GoodEye8@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            165 months ago

There’s going to be a third one? I thought the second one added nothing of value, what are they going to with the third one? Discover another ultra rare resource that is going to become the focal point of human exploitation, but this time in a creature that lives underground? And poor Jake needs to relocate his family with the mole men?

• JohnEdwa
              link
              fedilink
              English
              edit-2
              5 months ago

And a fourth and a fifth, both of which have already had some work done (fourth one apparently has 1/3rd consisting of a time skip sequence that has already been filmed). And if they do well, Cameron has said that he has plans to make two more.

He really likes Avatar.

• @Zahille7@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        -135 months ago

Why is there such a hate-on for this movie? Like goddamn. Sure it wasn’t anything spectacular or groundbreaking (compared to the first one), but it’s a goddamn treat to look at and it’s fun to watch.

• @MajorHavoc@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      145 months ago

Some holographic history projectors that fell through time from 2254 only briefly mention the upcoming Avatar sing-along, so it’s getting closer.

• @SuperSaiyanSwag@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    5 months ago

They are beautiful looking films with boring stories. I liked the spectacle of it in 3D, but fuck was it the boring after an hour.

• @Zahille7@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      -55 months ago

Why is there such a hate-on for this movie? Like goddamn. Sure it wasn’t anything spectacular or groundbreaking (compared to the first one), but it’s a goddamn treat to look at and it’s fun to watch.

• @BartsBigBugBag@lemmy.tf
        link
        fedilink
        English
        105 months ago

That’s a Dreams game, and as much as I love dreams, it’s really more suited to experiences than it is full fledged games. It does look great though.

• @DashboTreeFrog
      link
      English
      85 months ago

There’s a decent Legend of Korra game by Platinum. Simple, short beat-em-up in the style of something like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta

• Norgur
    link
    fedilink
    165 months ago

“waiting for almost 2 years”
    GTA and Elder Scrolls Fans: “Bitch, please”

• Norgur
        link
        fedilink
        115 months ago

If you as a half life fan are still waiting to learn what happened after Alyx’ father’s encounter with that one combine thing… I admire your naivety

• Norgur
        link
        fedilink
        25 months ago

Whales, that’s.who. no place to buy yourself some wins than mobile games.

• @june@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    35 months ago

I like letting stories finish and would have enjoyed the final installment as much as I did the first two… with mild to moderate enthusiasm.