• Jo Miran
      link
      fedilink
      685 months ago

IPO = Exit liquidity

This. It is so obvious that it literally causes me pain. Investors want their money back and their payout and the retail investors will be left holding the bag.

• gandarf
        link
        fedilink
        355 months ago

Sooo… Short reddit and make billions? I only know what I learned from stonks back in the hayday

• Rayspekt
          link
          fedilink
          225 months ago

That would be the funniest end to Reddit. Going bankrupt because the superstonks people short their stock.

• z3rOR0ne
            link
            fedilink
            155 months ago

Oh shit. I’m tempted to check r/wallstreetbets lol

• z3rOR0ne
                link
                fedilink
                45 months ago

Meh. Popped in using stealth on Android. Not even a mention of the IPO. Just like everywhere on there, it’s just gotten more lame.

• @khannie@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            95 months ago

I think you’d have to do it the second shares start trading. Shares have to be available to borrow for shorting and there wouldn’t be any for the public before trading starts.

• mihor
    link
    fedilink
    85 months ago

They’ll be disappointed by the valuation, that’s for sure. Reddit is worth jack sh*t.

• @digdilem@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    05 months ago

Can’t get any worse and might even get better if there’s enough shareholders who understand how to run a business and can keep a stupid ceo in check.

• Pons_Aelius
      link
      fedilink
      95 months ago

and might even get better

I honestly doubt it. I don’t think it is possible for reddit to be profitable in anything like its current form.

Twitter, before the EM implosion, had managed one profitable year in the last decade.

Reddit has about 2 orders of magnitude less users than twitter.

Those users are much less attractive to advertisers because reddit knows fuck all about them compared to twitter.

Reddit surfed through the years of cheap vc money but going public could kill it.

• interolivary
        link
        fedilink
        35 months ago

Reddit surfed through the years of cheap vc money but going public could kill it.

Wonder which fascist tech billionaire will buy it when it finally implodes