Just today, when I start Voyager the interface appears and then disappears leaving a black screen.

I’ve tried restarting the phone and force quitting the app.

Re-install next.

• @aeharding@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      29 months ago

Hmm, I haven’t experienced this! Maybe it has to do with a specific instance? Can you still replicate it? Thanks!

• @FelipeFelop
        link
        English
        29 months ago

Welcome back hope you had a good time.

Yes, it’s happening every time. One more report from an Android user. If I try on a slow internet connection, I can see that it gets as far as loading the bottom bar with an out of date notification count and then the screen goes blank.

Signed in with my discuss.online account which is on 0.18.4 beta 8.

Was working okay and the. Just stopped.

I’ll try using my Beehaw account and see what happens

• @FelipeFelop
          link
          English
          edit-2
          9 months ago

This is interesting,

Can add my Beehaw.org account okay. Everything works but if I then add my discuss.online account I get an instant blank screen. But Beehaw is also on 0.18.4

I re-installed and added a test feddit.uk account which worked perfectly and again as soon as I added discuss.online the screen goes blank.

It must be something about discuss.online or a post in the feed. Someone else mentioned a photo causing a crash to the communities list. Perhaps it’s something to do with that?

Edit: successfully added the discuss.online account to Memmy.

• @wiase
              link
              English
              39 months ago

Ah. I’m also on discuss.online

• @FelipeFelop
                link
                English
                39 months ago

They did some investigation and it seems to be a Lemmy change in 0.18.4 versions that will be incorporated in 0.19. Some 3rd party apps don’t seem to work with it and will need updating.

• @FelipeFelop
                  link
                  English
                  edit-2
                  9 months ago

@aeharding@lemmy.world does this look like an easy fix? Im not finding an alternative client that works as well as Voyager normally does.

I’m told that more instances have upgraded so this problem will spread. Once updated they can’t roll back.